So I went 4-3 last week. Let's see how this week goes. I have 12 games to pick:
- Nebraska* @ Oregon (-13.5) - So Neither team finished well last year. I like Oregon, but 13.5 is an awful lot of points. Not liking the spread here. Oregon to Win, Nebraska to cover. NEB.
- Minnesota @ Oregon St. (-2.5) - I changed my mind on this one. They are pretty even. Not sure if the Home Field is worth 2.5, but I'll take my chance. ORST
- Georgia @ Notre Dame (-5) - I don't trust ND to deliver, and since I am getting points, I'll take the Bulldogs to win plus the points. GA
- Stanford @ *USC (-6) - Changed my mind on this one also. USC isn't much better than Stanford, but this the best game this weekend. In the end, I'll take the Trojans to Win and Cover. USC
- Boise St. @ *WASU (-10) - May be the first time I have ever taken the Cougs to cover a 10 point spread. If they ever do, it will be here. WSU
- Montana @ *Washington (n/l) - This is not a runaway. Montana won the Big Sky last year, they'll keep it interesting, but the Huskies will pull away. UW
- *Chiefs @ Patriots (-8.5) - Anytime there is a bigger than a touchdown spread, it better be a Top 5 team against a bottom 5 team. Not the case here. the Pats should win this one, but the Chiefs are the best they've been in decades, they'll definitely cover. KC
- Steelers @ *Browns (+10) - Did you see the rule above? This applies as well. The Brownies should at least cover the 10 at home. CLE
- *Seahawks @ Packers (-3) - This one is really tough because the line is exactly where it should be. I am taking the Seahawks to cover, but the Packers might win this big at home. SEA
- Giants @ *Cowboys (-4) - Same scenario as above, however, this time I'll take the Cowboys at home. No reason except a hunch. 'Boys to win and cover. DAL
- Panthers @ *49ers (+5.5) - I'll make the homer pick, plus the 5.5 points are tasty. SF
- Saints @ *Vikings (-3) - Again, I like the line here, but that makes it difficult to pick. Everyone is loving the saints in this one, so I'll go the other way. Vikings to Cover the tray at home. MIN
Keep your eyes on the prize!